Monday 19 January 2015

New York City - Day 4

Monday 19 January 2015



I think New Years Day was my favourite day in New York. We left the hotel and went for some breakfast at Palace restaurant on 57th Street we then continued our walk over to Central Park. One of my favourite things about New York is definitely the parks because its insane because in about 20 minutes you can go from the insane panic of Times Square to the relaxing atmosphere of Central Park.

We walked round for a bit and then stopped off at the ice rink. Myself, Kieran, Daniella and Kris all went ice skating for about an hour. If was fun considering I hadn't skated in a good few years.  Once we had gone round a few times you get to used to it and then we were all comfortable on the ice. Nearing the end my mum wanted to go round once so I lent her my skates... my mum can't ice skate and it was probably the most hilarious thing I have ever seen, she managed to fall over the moment she stepped onto the ice... Alongside that she was being dragged around by Kieran and Kris who were trying their best to make sure she didn't knock anyone out. I think she might need some lessons in the gracefulness of figure skating.

Once we had finished ice skating we walked along the front of Central Park where the horse and cart were parked. I've been on the horse and cart before and its lovely because you can ride through Central Park which is so relaxing and you can ride through while taking photographs. When riding through the man will talk you through where films have been set around Central Park which is really quite interesting.

We then took a stroll to Fifth Avenue. Walking along Fifth Avenue is really something else. Fifth Avenue is also known as the designer avenue with designers after designers. The big designers along the avenue is Tiffany's and Co, Louis Vuitton and Prada. I must admit we did have a little nose into Tiffany's and its insane in there with different levels for each occasion, they even have a baby level with the most cutest bracelets.

For lunch we went to Le Pain Quotidien which is the most gorgeous organic restaurant. I had a gluten free tomato soup which was seriously amazing. I am a big fan of organic restaurants and I must admit this was one of the best.





In the evening we caught the Subway to China Town and Little Italy. China Town is basically full of cheap souvenir gifts, I have honestly never seen so many key rings in my life... insane & yes China Town is full of Chinese people and only Chinese people. We had a meal in Little Italy which I'm going to admit wasn't the cleanest restaurant we have ever seen... although the meal was really good so we couldn't complain.

We then got the Subway back to central Manhattan and off to the Rockefeller  There is the most incredible view from the Top Of The Rock and especially at night because its magical to see the whole city lit up. It was so much better doing it at night because it wasn't as busy. I would recommend The Rock over Empire State in terms of view because you can see so much more.

That is it for Day 4, I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014